Saturday, February 26, 2011

St Augustine - Feeling It

St Augustine Lighthouse

Built in 1874 and nestling on the Anastasia Island, is a 165 ft high landmark that has been faithfully directing the sailors and boatmen for over a century. 





On our way to conquering 8 flights of spiral staircase

A bird-eye view of the picturesque town 

A tiny museum where we had a glimpse of a sailor's life

Peter Wong... LOL

I witnessed the most beautiful sunset in my life at a small quay behind the lighthouse. 
The pictures below are straight from Tommy's and my cameras, I don't even have to edit them :)




Nature is the best painter. No lens or digital software could better present the breathtaking view that my eyes eagerly and hungrily feasted on. 


I dwelled with gratification and delight on the wonderful hues 
and lingered with glee and contentment as the evening breeze gently caressed my hair. 

Isn't it lovely? :) 





The sun slowly and reluctantly set behind the curtain drawn by Nature,
and we stood in silence trying to comprehend a different side of St Augustine. 



As the day concluded itself, I felt as if I was brought back to the ancient European time and had a surreal encounter with the Bennet Sisters (Pride & Prejudice). 
The jovial and passionate Elisabeth and the shy and sensible Jane, St Augustine is a perfect manifestation of both.  



We watched birds gliding smoothly across the water surface in search of dinner and were delighted by how graceful and elegant they dined. 

A perfect background music for the enchanting evening and the thoughts running in my mind:

1 comments:

I said...

poetry in words and in pixels... where does such inspiration manifest??

Post a Comment